Microsoft has released a whole heap of information concerning the new Stereo Headset, the Headset Adapter, and also revealed some new details about the upcoming Xbox One system updates.
A new Xbox One Stereo Headset will be releasing in March across all Xbox One markets, featuring a full range audio spectrum, a unidirectional microphone and over-the-ear speakers. It will also ship with a detachable Stereo Headset Adapter, which will also sell separately for use with third-party headsets. This adapter will feature volume controls and a mute button, all accessible without taking a hand off the controller. Head here for more information on how the adapter works!
The Stereo Headset will be priced at $79.99 MSRP and the Adapter at $24.99 MSRP.
As a new update rolls out this week, Marc Whitten once again has some details about the March system update for us. This update will include a number of improvements to the Party and Friends systems, amongst other changes. Here are the newly announced features:
- The friends list will be on the main page that loads when you open the Friends app, rather than the Activity Feed, so you can access the list quicker and send out invites a lot faster
- When you start/join a Party, the Party Chat option will be turned on by default
- Party and Game Chat will be separate, with Parties defaulting to Party Chat
- Future multiplayer games will feature a “Invite Friends to Game” button
- A “Recent Players” list will be added
There are many more features and additions to be revealed for this update, so keep an eye on Xbox Wire for more announcements!
What do you think of the changes? What would you like to see change? Let us know!