Today, Bungie and Activision announced that their first expansion for Destiny, The Dark Below. The Dark Below will be available on all platforms December 9 for $20, or as part of the $35 season pass. The DLC expansion will add things from every slice of the Destiny experience from new armor and weapons to a new raid.
The Dark Below will contain with the following:
- New weapons, armor, and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions–after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New cooperative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon–set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock–an old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron–an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and more (timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015)
Despite the feature-heavy expansion pack coming so soon, The Dark Below isn’t the only thing Destiny players have to look forward to. The House of Wolves DLC will be available as well in early 2015, although no features have been confirmed for that expansion yet.