This past weekend, thanks to our friends at Microsoft, we had a chance to once again preview the Halo 5: Guardians Beta. Here’s a list of the top 7 reasons we think you should be excited for the game!
- It’s included with purchase of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Free is always an awesome price.
- It’s almost a month. That’s right, you’ll get to play the beta from the 29th through to 18th of January. That’s a lot of Halo!
- It’s Halo, but with a twist. It’s different from any Halo before it, but it still feels like Halo. The new additions to the game specifically spartan abilities keep things fresh, but at the same time you’ll find that many of the same techniques you’ve used in other games still lead to success in Halo 5: Guardians
- It’s easy to learn, hard to master, just like classic Halo. There’s a lot that can be said about Halo 5 Guardians, but one thing everyone should be excited about is the skill curve. As a gold rank player I found myself easily outmatched by onyx, or higher ranked players. If you’re like me then it’s time to get polishing those skills!
- Each week playable maps, game types, and starting weapons change. We don’t know what’s exactly in store yet, but the first week will feature Assault Rifle starts on Empire and Truth.
- With the network data 343 Industries is collecting from this beta, we should see a near perfect launch of the game. It will help ensure that we don’t run into crazy matchmaking issues like we did In Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- 343 Industries is giving us a voice. We get to influence how Halo 5: Guardians final release will play. If we as a community don’t like flinch or dislike smart link’s tendency to narrow spread, 343 Industries will look into these things and tweak them. It’s invaluable for both us, and 343i, so be sure to provide some constructive feedback. You can provide feedback here, and here.
So, are you excited to try the Halo 5: Guardians Beta once it releases in 7 short days? Let us know on our forums!