With Halo 5: Guardians fast approaching, we still have a steady flow of content being revealed, and today is no different! Today I bring you info on how REQs will work right when you boot up Halo 5! Because knowledge is power!
First off, when you boot up Halo 5 for the first time, you’re going to be gifted with a REQ bundle of 54 REQ cards and 7500 REQ points. So, what does 7500 REQ points get you? Well, if I do some “quick” maths… carry the 2… divide by 6. BINGO! Okay, so the breakdown is:
- 6 Bronze REQ packs at 1,250RP each
- 1 Silver REQ pack at 5,000RP
- 1 Silver REQ pack and 2 Bronze REQ packs at the full 7500 RP
- OR you can save the points and buy a Gold REQ pack when you reach 10,000RP
Now you must be wondering, “how do I go about earning RP after I blow my initial 7500?” Well, the answer to that is simple, any way you want! According to Josh Holmes, you get REQ packs and points a multitude of ways, which include:
- Leveling Your Spartan Rank: As we all know from past Halo games, playing games raises your SR. The higher your SR the better the REQ pack you receive.
- Completing Commendations: Another returning feature, now with more of a reward than in the past, leveling up your commendations for things like headshots, killing sprees, and multi-kills will also earn you REQ packs.
- Promotional Packs: Any real world, specially marked, Halo merchandise will provide you with REQ packs.
- Spending REQ Points: If you didn’t get this from above, you can spend your hard-earned RP on the three different tiers of REQ packs. Just for reference, the cost per pack is: Bronze – 1,250, Silver – 5,000, and Gold – 10,000.
- Micro-transactions: Yes, we all knew this was coming, but I feel like the asking price is very much in line. Prices for Silver and Gold REQ packs are $1.99 and $2.99 respectively!