GameInformer just released a quickfire interview with The Coalition’s studio head Rod Fergusson as part of their ongoing coverage of Gears of War 4. Whilst I’ve briefly summarised the main details discussed about Gears of War 4 below, if you have a spare five minutes you’ll probably chuckle enough to make it worth your time watching. Potential very minor spoilers ahead…
- 3 playable characters – JD, Kait & Del as detailed here
- 2 player co-op online & offline
- Campaign – 1080p/30FPS; Multiplayer 1080p/60FPS
- Controls for GoW 4 are more based on that of GoW 3 than Judgment
- Enemies will use Lancers
- Curb stomps are still very much a thing
- No Locust enemies in GoW 4
- GoW 4 on PC is a possibility but no confirmation
- In terms of campaign length, GoW 4 Normal difficulty could potentially be longer than that of GoW 1
- The Carmine dynasty may continue…
- GoW 4 does contain some jump scares
- The game is targeted to launch Fall 2016
What’re you most excited to see in GoW 4? What would you want to change from past games?
Let us know in the comments or on our subreddit!