It’s been a couple of years since Mojang teamed up with Microsoft to take the hugely popular Minecraft to the next level, and boom into further levels of success it has. Having just celebrated 100 million copies sold, Mojang’s put together an infographic of sorts (below), proudly showing off the impressive statistics!
Some particularly incredible figures include:
- If each person that has bought a copy of Minecraft formed a nation, it would be the 12th most populous in the world, behind Russia, Japan and Mexico.
- More people are playing Minecraft now than ever before – every month there are an average of 40+ million unique Minecraft players across all platforms.
- Since the beginning of 2016, Minecraft has averaged over 53,000 copies sold every day. That works out to around four copies sold in the time it took you to read that last sentence.
- Players of Minecraft come from every country and territory on the planet. There have even been four copies sold to folks in Antarctica.
- People of all ages and genders enjoy Minecraft across 14 different platforms with the average player age being 29 years old.
What did you find most interesting about the stats above? What’s your favorite thing to do in Minecraft?
Be sure to let us know in the comments or on our Subreddit!