Fenix

Linkin Park Drops New Single

6 posts in this topic

Well, it's here guys, the first single off the upcoming Linkin Park album, "Heavy" ft. Kiiara!

Being a Linkin Park fan, I know how we can be extremely picky regarding their ever changing style, so whether you're a seasoned fan or a new listener; what do you think of the new single?

The new album, "One More Light" releases May 19th.

Edited by Fenix

I just... *sigh*

I just want them to remain a rock band make rock music with some rap/hip-hop mixed in.
I don't want this techno-pop stuff. It's good, but it isn't LP and it's breaking my heart.

Wait? That's ACTUALLY Linkin Park? That uhhh....what? I haven't really been much of a fan since Meteora, but this sounds so far removed. 

This track could easily be David Guetta ft. Some Random Pop Girl

1 hour ago, Drax said:

I just... *sigh*

I just want them to remain a rock band make rock music with some rap/hip-hop mixed in.
I don't want this techno-pop stuff. It's good, but it isn't LP and it's breaking my heart.

While I understand where you're coming from, I must also say that this is only one song so far. I hope you don't get too disheartened until we get the next single.

What I have to say about the song is... I rather like it. The lyrics speak to me and Chester sounds beautiful. That being said, I've never been a fan of artists have other artists in their album. A collaboration on the side, sure, but I'd rather hear the band I love rather than some other person I've never even heard of. Can you imagine how great this song would be if Mike rapped/sang her verses? Man, that'd be something straight off A Thousand Suns.

All things aside, Linkin Park has changed styles every single album. There's always two sides to the argument, if they stay the same people will complain, if they change, people will complain. I like how they're brave enough to keep changing and still keep their soul, which, in my opinion, is Chester's and Mike's vocals and the passion they brings to every song, and the depth of their lyrics. So, I just say, wait for the rest of the album, they might have a few tricks up their sleeve. ;)

It's surprising that Linkin Park decided to go this route, and I can imagine that there will be some dedicated Linkin Park fans (read: because they are fans of the rock genre) that will be salty about it.

However, the track itself is pretty damn good. I feel like the person who listens to this for the first time blind won't know that it's Linkin Park and will think it's some new upcoming artist, though.

See you on May 19th!

Edited by Unreal
1 person likes this

I think it's just alright. 

I might be a minority, but I prefer catchy, pop-y Linkin Park. Last album was way too, for lack of a better word, heavy for me.